Tuesday, November 01, 2022

Autumn Bourbon Aperol Champagne Cocktails

These were a nice change up for happy hour on Sunday with my hubby!  He really liked them.  I thought they were good, but I think I prefer lemonade with my bourbon.  Not a huge fan of orange cocktails, but I had two, so what does that tell you!  If you love orange, your will love these!  


You will need:

Simple Syrup:  To make your own, do a 50/50 ratio of sugar to water or sweetener (Splenda)  Put these two ingredients into a little saucepan, bring to a boil and then simmer for about 15 minutes.  Cool simple syrup and store in a little jar or Tupperware and put into the fridge to use the following weekend!  I did a 1/2 cup water to 1/2 cup sweetener however the true recipe for a simple syrup is 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water. 

1/ 1/2 ounces bourbon

1 ounce Aperol

1/2 ounce simple syrup

3-6 ounces of Prosecco (I preferred more champagne personally, but you decide!)

1 orange wedge

Fill your glass with ice.  Combine all of the above ingredients, except for the champagne, in a martini shaker and pour over ice.  Top with champagne, slip a little orange slice onto the glass and voila!  Enjoy!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home