Saturday, April 23, 2011

Champagne Marinated De-Boned Roasted Turkey

I read recently that if you would like to roast your turkey quickly all you have to do is have it de-boned. How fabulous I thought! With such beautiful sunny days of late on the coast of B.C. not only can I make a quick turkey feast fast, but I can sit on my patio, soak up some rays, and enjoy the glorious aroma of a cooking bird.

And so I picked up my de-boned albiet lazy looking turkey tonight (the little dude looked as though he'd had a little too much gin and juice by the pool in California....then again, how else is one to look when they are missing their spine?) As I write this my turkey is flat out and just waiting for a pan to do some seriously relaxing roasting. My turkey looks lov-er-ly and will be oh so easy to carve when it's cooked!

I heard a rumour that some champagne might be a nice marinade for turkey. So I bought three little one serving bottles: one for me and two for my spineless friend.

Combine: 1 tbsp. salt, 3/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper, 1 tsp. celery salt, 12-15 lb. turkey de-boned, 4 tbsp. of butter, 2 onions chopped up, 1/2 tsp. thyme, 1/2 tsp. of marjoram, 1 cup of chicken broth, 1-2 cups of champagne and flour.

Heat oven to 425 degrees, mix salt, pepper, celery salt and rub into turkey. Put the turkey into a roasting pan and rub with the melted butter. Roast at this temperature for 15 minutes.

Mix onions, thyme, marjoram, and broth and pour over turkey. Reduce heat to 325 degrees and roast for another 15 minutes. Pour champagne over turkey and roast for another hour basting frequently. I always use a thermometer to make sure meat is cooked. Once cooked, put on a platter and cover with tin foil.

Gravy:

Strain pan gravy into a saucepan. Melt remaining 1 tbsp. butter in a cup. Stir in flour smoothly. Cook in a microwave for 1 minute then added cooked flour mixture to strained pan gravy gradually. Stir and let simmer 5 minutes.

Serve in a warmed gravy boat.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:29 AM , Blogger Miss T said...

technically a breast bone, but spine is funnier.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home