Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Succulent Slow Cooker Pork Chops With Sauerkraut

I'm taking a break from the BBQ today because it's cloudy here in Vancouver and I feel like trying out a recipe my mom absolutely adored. If you like you can keep your recipe simple like she did only adding the pork chops and the sauerkraut in a slow cooker, or you can get creative and add a few extras. This recipe should take about 6 hours.

slice up 2 granny smith apples, 2 red peppers, 1 onion and add to the slow cooker.

Toss in 3 cups of sauerkraut and add some seasonings. I added a tsp. of minced garlic, salt and pepper. Then add 1/4 cup of brown sugar (I added brown Splenda which is an artificial sweetener). Toss the ingredients around and add 4-6 pork chops (I really never know how many extras we might have for dinner during the summer or on a weekend so I threw in 2 additional pork chops for a total of 6).

Now put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for about 6 hours.

Bon Appetite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home