Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Panko Covered Soft Boiled Eggs

One of my absolutely most favourite salads ever is served at The Grain Restaurant at the Hyatt Regency in Vancouver.  It's called The Grain Steak Salad and it is served with slow roasted Prime Rib, roasted tomatoes, crispy onions and these gorgeous panko eggs that spill out over the prime rib and bed of crispy romaine lettuce.  I get mouth cramps thinking about it.  Today I made these eggs and while they were beyond amazing, I think I will try for 4 1/2 minutes boiling time instead of 5 next time.  I mean, I want yolk to spill out like a fountain!
They still rocked however.  I found a recipe online that has been the best so far.

You will need:  4 eggs (maybe 8 to practice with a few!), 1 beaten egg for dipping, 1/2 cup panko crumbs, 1/4 cup flour, 2 cups vegetable oil, or canola like I used, and any seasonings that you might like...say a little pinch or two of Parmesan, a pinch of truffle salt and a few grains of pepper.

Once your eggs are boiled for the appropriate time (4 1/2 to 5 minutes), put eggs into ice water for at least 15 minutes.  Remove and gently tap shell to peel carefully.  Set aside.

Then set up a plates to dip soft boiled eggs, first into a little flour, then dip into a beaten egg, then finally into panko.  I actually used a spoon to help sprinkle these ingredients over the egg.

Heat up a pot of oil.  Once nice and hot, add the eggs and remove with a slotted spoon when perfectly brown.  Drain on a paper towel and serve over salad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home