Sunday, August 06, 2017

Meatball Lunch with Chucky Tomato Sauce

I go to a pub here in Vancouver and can't get enough of this lunch.  I absolutely love the simplicity of dish because it is not overpowered by too many spices.  It is just an easy and sublime marriage of three good meatballs and a basily summer sun tasting chunky tomato sauce.   I usually make my own tomato sauce, but in this case, I used just two cans and one jar to cover lunch.

Obviously you can go more fresh using fresh basil, garlic, oregano, Parmesan.

1 1/2 pounds of lean ground beef, 2 eggs, 1 cup of panko, 1 cup of Parmesan cheese (I just used your basic pantry powder), 1/3 cup of melted butter (I've seen butter put into THE BEST BURGERS), 2 tbsp. of onion, 1 tbsp.  1 Tbsp. garlic powder, 2 Tbsp. of any Italian spices, or just oregano.  Mix well.  Form about 12 medium-sized meatballs in a casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.

Now for your easy peasy tomato sauce:  2 small cans of diced tomatoes with Italian spices (or just plain if you like) and then one jar of Paul Newman's tomato basil.  Put all three in a pot, warm and stir.  Arrange meatballs in a beautiful serving dish and pour the tomato sauce over.  Garnish with parsley and serve.  Easily warmed up if you bring it to a pot-luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home