Saturday, April 01, 2023

Tasty Turkey Meatballs with Simple Tomato Sauce - The entire recipe is 4 WW points

 

All of these meatballs are a total of 4 points if you add 2 tbsp. Kraft Light Parmesan, 6 points if you add 4 tbsp. Kraft Light Parmesan, so I will let you do the math for your portions.

I made these simple turkey meatballs for my family and I for lunch today.  They were succulent and I didn't put too much thought into making them, but they turned out really nice.

I like to cook for the whole family, or make enough for leftovers and to freeze.  This recipe is using two packages of 94% lean ground turkey from Costco.  Honestly, this is just a mishmash of spices and herbs - whatever I found closest in the pantry, but the fennel and fresh basil really made these extra good for me.

RECIPE

2 packs of lean ground turkey, 1 egg, 1/2 cup True Value Panko from Walmart (it's the lowest in calories), 2-4 Tbsp. Kraft Light Parmesan, 1/2 tbsp. garlic powder, 1 tbsp. fennel seeds, 1 tbsp. Caribbean mixed spice from Costco, 1 tbsp. rosemary, 1 tbsp. Italian spices from Costco (or use oregano), 3-6 fresh basil leaves, torn up and toss in, 1/2-1 tsp. salt and 1/2 - 1 tsp. pepper.  Mix up with your hands until nice and blended.  Roll into 2 inch balls and put into a Pam sprayed 8 X 11 baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.

PS  I forgot to add any onion today and I think I liked these delicate juicy turkey meatballs even better this way.

HUNT'S TOMATO SAUCE - 0 POINTS.  Add your favorite seasonings, warm through and spoon over your turkey meatballs!  Oh soooo delicious!  If you want Parmesan, Kraft Light Parmesan Cheese is only 1 point per tbsp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home