Friday, August 04, 2006

Elegant Fruity Dessert
Until today this amazing family dessert favorite has never had a name. It has simply always just been referred to as, "that fruit, wine, ice cream thingy." It is however absolutely delicious, and it looks gorgeous to boot.
1 pint of strawberries sliced, 1 honey dew melon and 1 cantelope cut into cubes. Put into a large bowl and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of sugar or splenda, (you may want to add a little more sweetener later - just taste and decide), 1 tbsp. of vanilla, and finally one 750 ml bottle of rose wine (you can actually take a glass for yourself as one bottle minus one glass of wine is still fine)! Now soak all the fruit, sugar, and vanilla together and put into the refrigerator for about 3 hours. Finally pour over vanilla ice cream and serve in wine glasses.



Ice Cream Sundae Bar
Speaking of Ice Cream, this summer my husband and I hosted a lacrosse wind up party for my son's team. I served an ice cream sundae bar; it was so much fun and obviously the kids loved it. I had fun shopping for a variety of chocolate candies (smarties, M & Ms), gummy bears, and sprinkles and set them up in two separate condiment serving trays on two separate tables to keep the lines going. Then we added a chocolate and caramel sauce and a can of whip cream. I also used small paper bowls so the kids couldn't overfill their dessert. I also got my hubby to scoop out the vanilla ice cream and my friend to handle the whip cream or else it all would have been gone after the first few sundaes. I love getting the kids to do something creative at my parties. This ice cream bar would also be fun for an adult dinner party - you could melt some good chocolate perhaps, add the above elegant fruity dessert recipe, or add some bananas that have been pan fried in cinnamon, rum, and butter (the possibilities are endless).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home