Friday, September 15, 2006

Ribs - To Boil or Not to Boil That is the Question...

To boil ribs or not to boil ribs prior to eating them is a moot point. Really - it all boils down (no pun intended) to what you like - to what brings you joy - to what helps you to sleep well at night. I grew up as a child in the 1970's and all the rage was to boil your ribs and then simmer for a couple of hours so that the meat would literally fall off the bone. My mom used to then whip up a little homemade BBQ sauce, brush the ribs, and put them in the oven for about 15 minutes until the sauce set in. I love ribs boiled prior to eating them. My uncle tells me that the taste of the ribs gets boiled out of them so he prefers to bake them. There is no argument. Both my hubby and I agree and that is really all that matters. My children simply like their ribs boiled and baked with a little salt. My hubby likes his ribs boiled then enjoys a little Bulls Eye Sauce with them. I talked to an apparent "rib king" father the other evening at soccer practice who combines a little baking and then BBQing. I think it is all in the love. If you are enjoying what you are cooking, that love will come through. If you are bitter while cooking that will also come through. Different strokes for different folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home