Monday, October 02, 2006

The Ultimate Pumpkin Soup


As I write this post I am all alone enjoying my bowl of pumpkin soup. It's perfectly pulpy, loaded with delicious vegetables and though it is hard for me to articulate in culinary terms, my soup also meets the three layer of taste criteria. Here is what I did today. 

Pumpkin Peanut Butter Soup

Saute one whole chopped onion, 1 chopped red pepper, and 1 cup of sliced carrots in a couple of tablespoons of butter until at least the onion and red pepper are soft (the carrots will finish cooking in the broth). Then add four cans of veggie or chicken broth and 1 cup of milk (or use your favorite bouillon with appropriate measurements),


Then add one can of unsweetened pumpkin, and 1/4 cup of peanut butter. The peanut butter is what makes this pumpkin soup my favorite. It really adds to the flavor. Add a 1/2 tsp. each of cumin, cinnamon, thyme, and nutmeg. 

Then add 1/4 cup of fresh sage. I couldn't believe how often I thought I was biting into a little piece of meat with sage in this soup. The texture was dense and of course the flavor was perfect. Then, I added a tsp. of Splenda - or you can add a tsp. of sugar - it will always bring the flavor up. Then add a little salt and pepper to taste. Lovely and pulpy - simply delicious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home