Sunday, November 12, 2006

Easy Gnocchi Dinner

Talk about an easy dinner and perfect for a cold autumn night. I was craving some tomato gnocchi yesterday after seeing a gorgeous Parmesan laden gnocchi dish in my Bon Appetite magazine. I picked up frozen gnocchi at an Italian deli and a magnificent loaf of black olive bread. This olive bread was moist with olives and had been rolled up like a jelly roll. I want to know how to make this, but it was the perfect accompaniment with my gnocchi dish. Simply toss frozen gnocchi in a pot of boiling water, then wait for all of these potato morsels to rise to the top of the pot before draining. I let the gnocchi cool a bit and then baked it plain in the oven for a few minutes to dry it out just a little. I then added 1/2 a jar of Ragu together with 2 cups of ricotta cheese and voila - the most delicious sauce. Then I added a can of whole pitted black olives and two cups of oily artichokes to this dish. Of course then I added a generous sprinkle of black pepper and fresh Parmesan cheese and baked it all in a 350 oven until it was blended and baked perfectly - about 20 minutes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home