Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Shrimp and Avocado Seviche

I was introduced to this insatiably delicious appetizer by my friend who hails from Mexico. I served it at my hubby's birthday party last April and was asked by many for the recipe. Every Christmas when I send out my Christmas Cards I send with it a favorite recipe for my friends and family to try. This year I am sending out this appetizer that is delicious every season. It is a flexible appetizer that can be adapted to fit your tastes. First I purchase one bag of already cooked frozen shrimp. I generally buy the bag that is probably about 1 1/2 pounds - don't worry about the exact amount of shrimp as there can never be too much shrimp in this recipe! Make sure the shimp is defrosted first because you don't want it too watery. In a pretty bowl combine shrimp, 2 - 3 chopped avocados, 2 chopped up yellow/red peppers, 1 chopped cucumber, 1 cup of fresh lime juice, 1/2 cup of chopped onion, 1/2 cup of orange juice, 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro leaves, 1 tbsp. of chipotle spice, 1 tsp. of sugar, 1/2 tsp. of salt. Put this concoction into the refrigerator for at least four hours to allow all the flavors to mingle. Serve with some nice baked tortilla chips. ***Last April tomatillos were in season and I added a few of these.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home