Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Valerie's Fabulous Chopped Salad Recipe

I had the greatest weekend with my mom. She stayed at our place for a few days and we sat by the pool, watched a couple of my son's lacrosse games, and ate very well. The first night she cooked us delicious T-Bone Steaks. The second night she concocted the most divine "chopped salad." I read a quote by Paul Newman regarding a la chopped salad that said...and I paraphrase...I will not eat any salad unless I can eat it from a spoon. Hence the beauty of a chopped salad. Every spoonful packs sumptuous flavors and divine succulence. I'm going to phone my mom right now as I write this to get the exact ingredients. Let me begin by saying this salad takes patience; so pour a glass of something something, put on a little inspiring music and begin chopping. If you have a friend to co-chop , yahoo! Here is Valerie's Fabulous Chopped Salad Recipe: chop 2 celery, 2 green onion, and 1 Spanish onion (mom likes this onion best), chop up red or yellow pepper or both if you want, 1 head of iceberg lettuce, chopped up small cubes of cheddar (or add whatever cheese you prefer, but at least a cup full, put in one package of shredded pollack crab, then add salad toppers like a nice basil tomato almond medley. This really is a "random salad". Just add one of each item and a package of crab, we had the Pollock, aka fake crab and it was delicious. Then, wrap it up and put the bowl aside, in the refrigerator for at least a half our to allow the flavors to mingle. It really made a difference. I took this salad a step further and added seafood salad over top of mine. This was a bunch of tentacle octopus looking fragments with little shrimps and calamari all marinated in oil and spices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home