Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Oven Shake and Baked Buttermilk Chicken with Tri-Coloured Nugget Potatoes

I racked my brain yesterday for something to make for my family's dinner and buttermilk drumsticks came to mind.  Buttermilk, especially if the chicken is marinated in it over night, or at least for several hours, tenderizes the meat.  The other quick ingredient I've been using lately and my kids love it, is Southern Fried Shake and Bake breadcrumbs.  It's so quick and easy and considering I'm not a huge fan of the taste of drumsticks, these two ingredients really do a nice and delicious job. 

1 litre of buttermilk, 1 pack of drumsticks (mine had 11 in it), and Shake and Bake!  Now put the drumsticks into a large bowl that will fit into your refrigerator and pour the entire litre of buttermilk over the chicken (rub it in the chicken if you don't mind, but don't worry if you don't) and put into the fridge, overnight, or in my case it was just for four hours.  When you are ready to bake, remove and shake each drumstick as you take it from the bowl and dip into Shake and Bake bag making sure you coat the chicken, then lay each drumstick on a lightly Pam sprayed cookie sheet.  Cook for about 40 minutes in a 350 degree oven.  I served the chicken with these gorgeous tri-coloured nugget potatoes I've been buying (purple, orange, and yellow) together with a leafy pear salad.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home