Sunday, April 24, 2011

Pear Gorgonzola Vinaigrette Jello Salad

I just knew I could find a good Jello Salad Recipe from a Jean Pare cookbook! She is so not a cooking snob and because of that has surpassed many a cookbook author 10 times over. I read her autobiography and to me she is a true Canadian Rock star! I posted her biography on Succulent Sage/Tara Cooks (how many names do I have?). I was determined to find a Jello Salad Recipe to prepare for tonight's dinner because you can put so much spring or summer into a single bowl. My Aunt Linda used to make the most gorgeous several layered jello salad which is now a family tradition. A Jello Salad is Prairie food, it's Midwest, it's down home, it's so 1960 and it's very very gorgeously kitschy. Be brave, step out and step over all those silly little cooking snobs you know and serve a jello salad at the next family or friend dysfunction.

I'm printing a recipe here today and have no idea as of this moment if it will turn out, but I'm determined that it will....and if it doesn't, add tequila and turn it into a jello shot.

2 packs of lime jello
½ cup of pear Gorgonzola salad vinaigrette (or choose another fancy vinaigrette)
2 cups of boiling water
1 ½ cups of cold water
½ cup of light Hellman’s mayo
3-4 cups of shredded coleslaw/cabbage mixture (I bought a bag of already shredded...you can also add cucumber chopped up or shredded too).

Mix jello up first according to the package directions (hot water then cold water) then all all of the above, stir and put into the fridge.

P O S T S C R I P T

****OMGoodness - so beautiful and delicious! Easy and addictive. Ingredients are perfect. I think I'm going to try a few more this year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home