Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tarragon and Lemon Hamburger Patties

First and foremost I must say that I've been away for a while and am sorry I haven't been more regular with my postings. Why is that you may wonder? Because, being a Vancouverite I've been royally consumed with the Stanley Cup finals and I am on edge at this moment praying that our gorgeous team will bring home the Stanley Cup tonight. I'm still cooking though, but since Vancouver's been vs. Boston our dinner time is earlier and the food much simpler because hell I need to watch the game! Here's a really simple and delicious hamburger I made last night.

1 lb. of lean ground beef, 1 egg, 1 tbsp. of dried tarragon leaves, 4 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice, and 1/4 cup of cottage cheese. Mix all of these ingredients together, form into four hamburger patties and bake in the oven, on a lightly greased baking sheet, (I used Pam cooking spray) at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until cooked through. You could also BBQ if you like (the game was on and I couldn't miss a moment of hockey on TV so I used my oven).

It's a super nice flavour and succulent because of the cottage cheese. Top with a soft peaceful tasting cheese like Laughing Cow, Cream Cheese, or even a slice of Brie so it won't over power the lemon and tarragon. Go Canucks Go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home