Saturday, May 21, 2011

Easy And Updated Bisquick's Chicken With Wine Pot Pie



*****Kind of a silly picture of me first thing this morning and though I look mad, I'm actually quite happy! I can see I'm a little spotty this morning and have a zit coming up under my nose. Thank God for foundation...imagine how celebrities must feel on a big screen TV - YIKES!!!!

Today I'm making a gorgeous chicken pot pie using the recipe from a box of Bisquick mix. My Aunt makes it and loves it, only today I'm forgoing the "frozen veggies" for fresh ones and adding some white wine to it. Hope you like it!

Two cups of left over roast chicken (or any cooked chicken meat you have left over), 1 plus another 1/2 can of cream of mushroom or chicken soup, 2 finely chopped celery stalks, 1/2 cup thinly sliced/chopped mushrooms, 1/4 cup chopped onion, 1/4 cup of white wine, 1/2 tsp. of tarragon, left over roast potato (optional), a little salt and pepper, and any other seasonings you like, (thyme would be nice). I had sundried tomato seasoning.

Mix together the chicken, the soup, celery, mushrooms, and wine in a separate bowl. In a pie plate, grease with olive oil and layer with chopped up roasted potatoes (remember this is optional...you could even layer the bottom with zucchini I just got to thinking), then pour the soup and chicken mixture over the potatoes in the pie plate.

To make the bisquick: Mix one cup of Bisquick with 1/2 cup of milk and one egg (I added two by accident) and pour over the chicken mixture in the pie plate.

Put into a preheated 400 degree oven and cook for 30-35 minutes or until golden. I sprinkled sundried tomato/herb mix over it before I put it into the oven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home