Friday, June 17, 2011

Yummy Quick Appies For Summer!!!!

I bought THE BEST MOST CHARMING COOKBOOK the other day. And as I gear up for one of my favourite seasons to entertain, this book was a great inspiration. It's called, "Simple Stunning Parties At Home." In fact, I've been out so much to restaurants, hotels, and parties that I'm craving a home party and cooking for a group of friends at home. I love going out, but after spending a pile of money on half the food and wine in a restaurant, I think I'm at a place in life where I truly believe most of the time, there is no place like home kitchen cooking. Of course there are those "best ever" restaurants you don't mind saving your money for on a special occassion, but the truth is, more often than not I find myself thinking, "I could have done a better job." Here are some quick recipes you can make for your friends soon!

Goat Cheese With Walnuts and Honey:
Buy a large slice of good goat cheese. Unwrap it and press one flat side of the cheese into a plate of finely crushed walnuts. Place the cheese ona pretty plate walnut side up and finish with a spoonful of clover honey and a crack of fresh black pepper.

Tequila-Soaked Olives With Blue Cheese:
Buy a jar of good olives and a hunk of blue cheese. Toss the olives in a bowl with a splash of tequila and a splash of lime. Slice the cheese into small chunks and spear toothpicks with one olive and one blue cheese chunk each. Then the author suggests making, "Margaritas and say ole!" I so agree!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home