Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Leftover BBQed Chicken Soup

I rarely make chicken soup but have found myself to be quite addicted lately using the Soffritto method to not only bring up my regular chicken soup's flavour but make it oh so succulent. 

Left over BBQed or Roasted chicken.  I had about 5 whole chicken legs left over from my BBQ additionally I've also picked up a whole already roasted chicken and used that as well.

Tara's Soffritto recipe:  1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, 1 red onion (use any onion you like, I like the sweetness of red), 3 whole carrots cut into very small pieces, 3 stalks of celery cut into very small pieces, a handful of basil leaves, minced, 1/2 tsp. of sea salt, 1/4 tsp. of pepper.

Saute this for about 5-7 minutes.  Then add 2 cartons of chicken stock and chicken that has been cut up into nice pieces, bring to a boil, then turn down and simmer for about 1/2 hour.

Feel free to also add diced tomatoes as I did and spinach for extra good nutrition and whatever else you have on hand that you'd like to use up. Very comforting, very delicious, and very low in calories too!  XO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home