Saturday, February 18, 2012

Happy New Year....

As I sit here are on this cozy rainy Saturday morning and wait for my French Breakfast Muffins to pop- I just realized over my nice hot cup of coffee that it's been quite some time since I updated my cooking blog. Well truth be told, as with most moms and wives, Christmas can really knock the Sh** out of you. For a month or so before the big event we pour over recipes, pack dishes to other people's homes because they CLEVERLY suggested a potluck event (my life would be so much easier if I too entertained potluck...but it would be just that much easier if people cooked for their guests), we make appies for this party, wake up early to get Tom turkey in the oven, we stuff, we sift, we drink, we smile and then all of a sudden we feel our eyes at half mast.....and your body sinks into a couch - or some other soft inviting heap, and you hibernate - never to be seen again until at least say, February, maybe even March. Then you emerge - but it's only to see that your roots need doing, your eyebrows need plucking and good Lord if you're a woman over a certain age, you need to get the hair that's growing on your face organized. Whoever sat in a spa chair in preparation for the events of December 2011, will now need a complete and utter makeover. Additionally, the butter tarts I took to bed with me on January 1st, 2012 together with a bottle of bubbly and a few good movies has reared her ugly girth. Hence,I went cold turkey (still need to sit in a spa chair though). Thankfully I'm partially refreshed and ready to begin the new year as I hope you are too! Of course if you're a pot luck girl, I imagine you've been ready for awhile. XO :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home