Monday, September 10, 2012

Succulent Green Beans With Nugget Potatoes and Bacon

I am a little embarrassed to admit that it's been way too long since I enjoyed a nice slender and fresh green bean or in this case a nice bowl of them.  I also added some left over nugget potatoes and some bacon as well, and my kids devoured them.

Wash and trim the ends of your green beans and put them in a microwave proof bowl with about 1/4 cup of water and cover with saran wrap, leaving just a little opening for the steam to get out.  I cooked the beans for 6 minutes and that seemed to leave them just right.

Chop up four slices of bacon and add to a medium sized pan and cook over medium heat until 1/2 way done - don't drain.  Then add, 1/2 cup of chopped onion and cook until the onion is translucent.  Add sliced nugget potatoes, or any quarter potatoes, beans and season with marjoram, salt and pepper.  Simply divine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home