Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Delicous Chocolate Layer Cake



Delicious Chocolate Layer Cake:

Got this recipe from Canadian Living. It has the rich flavour of coffee in it and....no eggs or milk. I thought maybe the magazine forgot to put those ingredients on the list, but I confirmed it and not only did my kids love it, but the colour is gorgeous and it's quick to make too. Perfect for Valentines.

3 cups of flour, 2 cups granulated sugar, 2/3 cup of cocoa powder, 2 tsp. of baking soda, 1/2 tsp. salt, 2 cups of brewed coffee, or water, 1 cup of vegetable oil, 2 tsp. of vanilla, 3 tbsp. cider vinegar - then chocolate icing (my boys ate it without icing).

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix wet ingredients. Mix all together and divide between prepared pans (2 9-inch round cake pans; line bottoms with parchment paper. Set aside - I sprayed Pam in the pans before lining them with parchment....why...I don't know).  Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes. Cool, ice, and layer if you like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home