Sunday, February 27, 2022

Chinese Chicken Salad from My Book, Fire Wife

 

This is a family favorite and I rediscovered it the other day when I was searching for some good ways to use up my chicken leftovers. You will devour this recipe - I made it for my kids all the time when they were little and they devoured it too.  You can add any protein to it, or no protein.  I've copy pasted from my manuscript in Word, so hopefully it shows up a-ok.  Happy Sunday!

Chinese Chicken Salad

454 g. Box Fettuccine Noodles (approx. 4 cups dry pasta or 1lb. cooked)

2 Tbsp. Sesame Oil

1-2 Cups Cooked Chicken, cubed or shredded

2 Carrots, peeled and shredded

4 Green Onions, sliced

2 Red Peppers, chopped

2 Yellow Peppers, chopped

1 Cup Mushrooms, sliced

½ Cup Peanuts, chopped

¼ Cup Chow Mein noodles

¼ Cup Cilantro Leaves (optional)

Dressing

1 Large Garlic Clove, minced

4 Tbsp. Soya Sauce

⅟₈ Cup Olive Oil

2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar

1 Tbsp. Hot Sauce (optional)

Bring a medium-sized pot of water to a boil and add 2 tbsp. of salt. Then add package of fettuccine noodles. Cook until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain pasta in a colander. Put into medium-sized serving bowl and add sesame oil so pasta doesn’t stick.

Once pasta is cool, toss with chicken, vegetables, and peanuts.

In a separate bowl, mix together the dressing. Pour over noodle salad, toss, and top with  ¼ cup chow mien noodles and ¼ cup cilantro leaves (optional).

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home