Sunday, February 27, 2022

Japanese Herb Salsa

I got this recipe from chef, Samin Nosrat's book, Salt Fat Acid Heat.  What an incredible cookbook.  It's simple and chalk-full of delicious cooking tips and wisdom.  I bought a bunch of herbs this past week and have used them in just about every culinary concoction.  What I love about making vinaigrettes, or in this case a Japanese Herb Salsa, is that they are absolutely perfect over chicken.  I labored one year over Food and Wine's Life Changing Chicken, a recipe that will take you over two days to prepare - but it was delicious and worth it - and the Chile-Basil Vinaigrette is sublime.  I've found however that basting a pan fried or oven baked chicken with this vinaigrette will take your chicken to another level, especially if you like crispy skin.  I'll post both the Japanese Herb Salsa recipe and as well a link to Food and Wine's Life Changing Chicken.

Japanese Herb Salsa:  1/4 cup neutral oil (I used olive oil any how), 3 tbsp. rice wine vinegar (I substituted 2 white vinegar and 1 white wine vinegar), 2 tbsp. parsley leaves, 2 tbsp. cilantro leaves AND stems as that is where all the flavor is, 2 tbsp. finely chopped green onions, 1 tsp. grated ginger, 1 tbsp. soy sauce.  Mix it all up and use as a baste for chicken, over steak, salmon, tuna or pork.  Really delicious and of course super easy.


Life Changing Chicken Recipe:

Roast Chicken with Chile-Basil Vinaigrette, Charred Broccoli, and Potatoes Recipe | Food & Wine (foodandwine.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home