Saturday, April 22, 2023

King's Coronation Quiche (Utterly Divine!)


There certainly was a lot of criticism online about this quiche - by people who hadn't even tried it yet.  But social media is nasty.  The old saying don't knock it until you try it rings true and let me tell you, this quiche is seriously delicious!  The beans in the recipe add a lovely creaminess to the quiche and the tarragon adds a heavenly, elegant aromatic, scent. I can imagine enjoying this delicious quiche in the gardens of King Charles' Highgrove Estate with a nice glass of Chablis!  They do have tours and special lunches there.  A girl can dream!  


This quiche is a keeper and is now a family favorite. I used a store bought TenderFlake deep dish tart shell and it worked fabulously.  You can go to the link below to get the entire recipe that includes the pastry.  


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

For the Filling:  1/2 cup milk, 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, 2 eggs, 1 tbsp. fresh tarragon, salt and pepper to taste, 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 3/4 cup roughly chopped spinach, 1/2 cup fava beans (broad beans - I just used some canned of mixed beans).

Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the cheddar cheese onto bottom of pastry shell.  Then add the beans and spinach over top.  Mix up the egg and milk mixture and pour into shell.  Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and pop into the oven for 20-30 minutes.  Delicious!

  A little note:  I sauteed my spinach only because I read the recipe wrong, but I do love doing up my spinach that way! 

Here's the link to Taste of Home with full recipe, including pastry if you would like to make it from scratch.  How to Make Coronation Quiche | Taste of Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home