Monday, December 18, 2006

Hot and Sour Soup made from left over Seviche

Last night I served Seviche as an appetizer before our company Christmas party at our house. Since there was some seviche left and because I didn't want to waste it, I turned this Mexican dish into a Mexican/Asian fusion with a very simple recipe for hot and sour soup. I just had a bowl and it is delicious.

Put left over seviche into a pot and add a carton of Chicken broth. Then add about 6 slices of fresh ginger to the pot, and 4 green onions. Then bring the dish to a boil and simmer. I then added two tbsp. of cornstarch to the pot - but you must first mix the two tablespoons of cornstarch with three tablespoons of water and mix until it is a smooth paste. Then add it to the pot and it will add a nice texture to the soup. I then added two tbsp. of Splenda to freshen the taste up together with lots of hot sauce - taste and do it to your own liking. Also add 1 tbsp. of rice vinegar, 1 tbsp. of soy and Worcestershire sauce. I also added a little olive oil to the pot as well because the recipe had called actually for 1 tsp. of sesame oil and I didn't have it. Then mix up one egg and stream it into the hot pot. It looks gorgeous and tastes amazing. If you are starting from scratch and not using leftover seviche, follow all of the above and just add 2 cups of shrimp.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home