Saturday, March 10, 2007

Chicken Prosciutto with Goat Cheese and Fig Jam Wrapped in Filo

Yummy! I took my boys into the kitchen tonight to each produce part of our dinner menu. I handed them a kids' cookbook that I purchased years ago. I heard once that everyone ought to know at least 10 good dishes to cook from scratch. Tonight was the beginning for my children. Soon I will be publishing a group of books, the 10 best of everything. I can hardly wait.

My son Liam tonight made a fabulous delicious Potato Leek Soup, and my son Brayden is preparing Chocolate Boxes for dessert! Yes, my 10 year old is making the most fabulous, yet surprisingly easy dessert tonight. P.S. Super Delicious.

This is the second time I worked with filo and it is really easy. Roll it out and have some melted butter on hand to brush each piece before you hug it around your chicken. Rememeber, you need not treat this filo with kid gloves. It will work out in the end.

First cook your chicken breasts in some wine and herbs of your choice. I used the already seasoned, Costco, Tuscan wine/garlic chicken.

Once cooked, cool, and put into a casserole. Top with a slice or prosciutto, a slice of goat cheese, and top with some fig jam - oh and it must be fig, it is so delicious.

Then brush butter over one sheet of filo, lift gently and lay it over top of the chicken and envelop the chicken, using your hands, so it is wrapped all around. Repeat this process four times. Then put it into the oven at 300 degrees until the filo is nice and toasty brown. Simply lovely.

Also, we made a little rice dish out of Paula Dean's cookbook tonight that was comforting and tasty. We didn't add the mayo but loved the artichoke hearts and shrimp - y'all!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home