Monday, February 26, 2007

Hot Chicken Salad

This is an old favorite I enjoyed a few years back at my friend Mrs. Govette's home. Yesterday my Dad, his girlfriend, and my sister came over for lunch and they LOVED this simple salad; asking for the recipe (it's great if you have left over chicken). I served a lower fat version of the original recipe since my Dad had been having a few chest pains of late. He seemed just fine after eating this dish, though to tell you the truth I haven't spoken with him today. But as far as I am concerned this lower fat dish can be served to anyone whose health is a little "iffy" because it's good for the soul! Put the following ingredients in a casserole: 2 cups of left over chicken, 1 cup of chopped celery, 1/4 cup of toasted almonds, 1/2 cup of low fat sour cream, 1/2 cup of half fat Hellman's Mayo, juice from one lemon, 1 cup of shredded cheese, pepper, and a pinch of salt. Top the casserole with a cup of crushed potato chips. Enjoy

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home