Sunday, March 11, 2007

Roasted Lemons/Onions with Sausage and Chicken

Goodness this was good. I was looking for recipes to use up my left over chicken and came across Nigella's Lawson's "One-Pan Chicken Sausage and Sage Bake." I did my own variation of this as my chicken was already cooked, but I forgot how wonderful a roasted lemon is in a casserole. I have an old pork casserole recipe with roasted lemons that I'll print here when I find my old family cookbook....Ok, here is what I did. Get all your left over chicken, chop it up and put it aside. Make a marinate of a squeezed lemon - saving the lemon for the casserole, 1 chopped onion, 1/2 cup of olive oil, 1 tsp. of garlic, 1 tbsp. of poultry seasoning, 2 tsp. of dried mustard, 1 tbsp. of powdered sage, a pinch of salt, and pepper and pour over the chicken and let it sit for awhile. Cook about four sausages. I used a low calorie turkey/chicken sausage stuffed with spinach and feta cheese - oh yah! Once the sausages are almost cooked, put the chicken and the marinate over the sausages and warm through for about 20 minutes at 300 degrees. This was a perfect for a cosy rainy Sunday night dinner.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home