Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Dining by the Pool

Yesterday I cracked open a $70 bottle of champagne at exactly 12 noon and together with my friend we toasted the end of the school year. I wish that I was more like my mom and put tea on mid-day to toast, but it wouldn't have gone with the simple although Frenchy like lunch I prepared. I will admit...I fed my children, as well as hers Kraft Dinner. Though I am certain our children would have tried the lunch we were eating, I'm sorry to say I wasn't about to waste any bites on "maybes." So after we toasted we ate the simplest chicken and salad dish fit for the mother queens we are. Here is what I did. Keeping in mind that the French enjoy palm-sized portions of meat, I poached two chicken breasts, the size of "my" palms which actually look like maps of North America...in white wine and garlic, salt, and pepper. Once done, and don't over do, set aside. Layer a bunch of gorgeous organic salad mix over a flat tray and sprinkle in bits of fresh basil. Oh yes, prior to this, I'd sliced up a tomato and generously doused it in salt (about a tsp. total) and set aside for about an hour to suck out all the juices. Once the tomatoes are done, add about 1/4 of olive oil and 1/4 cup of balsamic over tomatoes and pour all of it over the mixed organic lettuce. I then added pristine white boccaccini cheese over top. (sorry I am too lazy to see if this is how to spell it).

OK. Take a chicken breast and top with Boursin Cheese. Then add about 2-3 leaves of fresh basil and wrap up in prosciutto and put over salad. Now you can see why I served champagne! The rest of the afternoon was spent lying around in the sunshine watching our kids swim. La Dolce Vita!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home