Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Low Fat Broccoli Cheese Casserole

Oh my goodness, whoever invented Laughing Cow cheese is a miracle maker.  This cheese is not only so damn delcious, it's low fat and the perfect cheese to melt over a broccoli casserole.  I was hankering for a cozy broccoli dish tonight to serve with shrimp stuffed salmon and mashed cauliflower...here's what I made:  Put cut up washed broccoli in a casserole dish (I added about four bunches and broke them up).  Then add a chopped up onion over the broccoli.  In a pot add 2/3 cup of low fat milk (I actually used 2%), then four wedges of laughing cow, 1/3 cup of low fat Philly Cream Cheese, and finally four tbsp. of low fat dried parmesan and simmer over a medium heat until all of the sauce is blended.  I then added a pinch of nutmeg, a pinch of herbed parmesan spice, 1 tsp. of powdered garlic, and some white pepper.  Taste and adjust spices to your liking.  Then pour over the broccoli/onion casserole and bake at 350 degrees for about 1/2 an hour or until the broccoli is cooked as you like it.  Bon Appetit!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home