Monday, September 21, 2009

Lobster and Asiago Macaroni

This was so good and I made it for a family party we went to the other day.  I did not use real lobster, but I have to tell you, I think I actually like the fake stuff better.  It's so sweet and flavourful!  Seriously!  So you will have to make a roux first - put 4 tbsp. of butter into a pot and melt over medium high heat.  Once melted add two heaping tbsp. of flour and wisk into the butter until crumbly and blended.  Then add two cups of milk and whisk furiously to get all the lumps out.  The sauce will start to thicken and gently boil in about 5 or so minutes.  Once the sauce begins to boil a little add about 2 cups of shredded asiago cheese to the sauce and a pinch of nutmeg, salt and pepper.  I wished I'd had a little white wine to add to it....but let's be honest, I probably would have drank it before it hit the pot.  Add the lobster to the sauce and stir.  Turn off the heat.  Boil in a separate pot about 4 cups of macaroni.  Once done, drain and put into a greased casserole dish and pour sauce over it mixing through.  Top with Club House Parmesan/Herb blend and some herbs....I used Rosemary.  Bake at about 300 degrees for 20 minutes.  I had to refrigerate this macaroni and then transport it to the party.  When I had to reheat it, it needed a little moistening up.  Once it was warmed through, I added about a 1/2 cup of cream evenly over the entire casserole of lobster macaroni because that was what was available.  You could easily use milk instead and let it sit for a moment.  It was tremendously delicious!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home