Monday, August 31, 2009

Oregon Coast Potato Pancakes

I have no idea why I am posting this concoction, because there really are no measurements, but rather, whatever the hell you have in the refrigerator.  My family and I are staying at a beautiful little beach house on the Oregon Coast.  I love the beach house because I love having a kitchen and a front yard where we can bask in the sea breeze and sunshine.  Last night, after a filling lunch, we didn't bother stopping off at the store to pick up any more groceries - so I simply made due and felt quite damn proud of myself.  Left over in the fridge was a pile of cold mashed potatoes with corn mixed up in it (my kids like to eat it this way alright!)  Anyhoo, I had fun being creative and thought of how my Grandmother had to be equally if not way more creative feeding 7 children.  So I made the most gorgeous looking mashed potato pancakes and let me tell you the presentation was top notch with lemon slices and some left over pico de gallo (red onion, yellow onion, lemon juice, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno - I bought at the Thriftway). 

Add whatever you like, but go for it.  I added a can of tuna, shredded havarti, chopped red onion, fresh taragon leaves, garlic salt, lemon juice, lemon pepper, black olives, and one egg.  Mix up and make little cakes, the size you like, and pan fry until a crust forms on one side, flip over and repeat.  Serve with any kind of condiment, I perfer ketchup, but didn't have any.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home