Friday, September 24, 2010

Seriously Delicious Indian Cauliflower and Tomato Soup

OK - I hadn't planned on making this today, but instead was going to concoct a cauliflower artichoke soup (which I'll do later), but the store I went to didn't have artichokes.  Alas, a big can of shiny crushed tomatoes smiled at me so I thought, why not! OK.  I am now enjoying the most delicious, the most healthy antioxidant soup you can imagine. And not only that, on a rainy cold Vancouver afternoon such as this, it's exactly what my cold body not to mention soul needed.  Here's what I did:

Boil one head of cauliflower and then once cooked, set aside the flowerettes, reserving about one cup of the water to cook one whole chopped onion and the spices (1 tsp. of Madras curry, 1/2 tsp. of Turmeric, 1 tbsp. of garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. of cilantro leaves, 1/4 tsp. of Cumin and finally 2 tbsp. of Indian Masala spice).  You can use all of these spices, or use what you have in the cupboard.  I do however think that the curry and turmeric, garlic and Masala are key to this soup). 

While the spices and onion are melding, pour 1/2 a large can of crushed tomatoes and the cauliflower into a blender and blend until smooth and nice and pulpy.  Add to the pot of simmering onions and spices, and then add two cartons of chicken stock.  Stir together and taste to add a little more of this and a little more of that!  I found myself adding, a little more garlic, curry, Masala, etc.  Do not be afraid to add what you like.  Additionally I added two little packets of Sugar Twin to bring all the flavors together.  Finally, garnish with cilantro leaves.  Yum Yum Yum!!!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home