Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Favourite Bread Machine Focaccia Bread

There are a few kitchen tools I absolutely adore: my mixture, my meat thermometer and my gorgeous tried and true trusty old bread machine maker. They were huge back in the 1990's and when I got one for my wedding, my hubby and I made fresh bread every day while on our honeymoon, at our cabin in Kelowna. I've made this focaccia so many times for luncheons at my house and it is positively divine. Seriously consider a bread maker if you don't already have one because it brings so much joy to life for so little work. Besides, the smell of fresh bread next to the smell of a little baby is God's way of reminding you how damn good life is!

For one pound of focaccia bread: 3/4 cup of milk, 1 tbsp. of olive oil, 2 cups of bread flour, 1 tsp. of dried oregano, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. of active dry yeast, non stick spray coating.
Additionally you will need more ingredients for the toppings: 2 tbsp. olive oil, 1 clove garlic, 1/3 cup of grated Parmesan, 3 tbsp. snipped parsley.

Add first six ingredients to machine according to manufacturer's directions. Select dough cycle. When cycle is complete, remove dough from machine then cover and let rest for 10 minutes....this is just so you can get your head around the fact that you're making bread! Spray a square cake pan with non-stick spray and press the dough into the pan. Then take a few of your fattest fingers and make "dimples" in the bread dough, in a row and evenly...say four dimples across and all the way to the bottom. If you don't have fat fingers, not to worry, too much focaccia will surely fix that. Then brush your bread with olive oil, and sprinkle the remaining ingredients over the dough and pop into a 300 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes or until bread is the colour brown that you like. Serve with balsamic and olive oil and a nice bowl of soup. Warning: You may have people dropping in more than usual with the hope that you are making bread.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home