Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pear Gorgonzolla Marinated and Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Sauteed Greek Inspired Spinach

I grilled an absolutely magnificient pork tenderloin Sunday night for dinner. First I scored the raw meat and marinated it in an already prepared pear and gorgonzolla vinegrette (any sweet fruity vinegrette would suffice). Vinegar tenderizes meat (a meat tenderizing secret I learned from one of my friends). I marinated the pork for about 2 hours, though you could marinate longer if you like. Then I seasoned with oh so yum, "smoked paprika"on both sides of pork Smoked paprika is very smooth mild and a little sweet with just the right amount of heat. My tenderloins were quite large so what I do is grill on all sides first on the BBQ, then I move the meat to the upper rack of the BBQ until it's cooked perfectly (a little pink inside) a total of 15 minutes on the BBQ. Always let your pork rest before serving. When you do take it off the grill, move to a platter and put aluminum foil over it. Slice and pour all the juices over meat.

Sauteed Greek Inspired Spinach: Heat a pan up with a little olive oil and a pinch of Fleur de Salt. Add 8 cups of fresh spinach, 1/4 cup of pinenuts, 1/4 cup of sundried tomatoes, 1/4 cup of feta cheese and stir around until the spinach is just wilted. Serve on the side of pork tenderloin and enjoy!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home