Thursday, May 05, 2011

Layered Veggie and Herbalicious Salad With Lemon and Garlic Vinaigrette



I love this time of year when the produce gets so colourful and tasty. I made an herb salad which is my fav with lots of dill and cilantro as well as arugula and other fine lettuces together with peppers some yellow and orange tomatoes and some perdy red cabbage. I stuffed some chicken breasts to go with it, but here is the salad dressing I put over it.

3/4 cup plus 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup sherry vinegar, 2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest (from about 1 large lemon), 1 tsp. granulated sugar, 1 tsp. minced fresh garlic, 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard, 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper.

Put all the ingredients together in a jar and shake it then pour over salad and toss. You can keep the vineaigrette in the jar for up to 5 days - though I've fed my husband stuff after 10 days and he's fine. :)

As you can see I'm going to try and add photos to my blog which in some ways makes me feel a bit silly when my family is wondering what the hell I'm doing while they're trying to eat.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home