Thursday, May 05, 2011

Stuffed Chicken Girls...Breasts with Prosciutto And Stuff


Ok, I have to admit, I'm not the best stuffer because I'm impatient. I get all these great ideas about putting cheese, nuts, spinach and stuff into the chicken and it doesn't always stay. Of course I could twine it but the cheese always seems to melt. Listen if stuffing is too much to imagine or think about, just cook the chicken then top it 5 or 10 minutes before it's done with cheese and the apricot jam, spinach, pine nuts and stuff. Here is a recipe I found from The Province Newspaper and made the other night for dinner with just a few tweeks. I'll admit that it all worked out for me just fine, but twine it if you can and add the cheese afterward if you want...like I did.

4 boneless chicken breasts, 1/2 cup of sugar-free apricot jam, 8 slices of Havarti cheese, 16 thin slices prosciutto, 2 Tbsps. grape seed oil, Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Lay chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound them into 1/4 inch thickness. Cut each breast into 4 strips and place two end to end at a time to create a long strip. Spread jam over chicken the add a layer of sliced Havarti. Roll up strips like a pinwheel and secure with bamboo skewers. Refrigerate 30 minutes to firm up. Roll a slice of prosciutto around outside of each chicken medallion and chill. Heat grapeseed oil in a skillet over medium high burner. Sear both sides of medallions until golden brown, then finish in oven 5-7 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Let stand 3 minutes before serving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home