Monday, November 21, 2011

My Sister's Very Yummy Fig and Olive Tapenade

My sister made this for her twin's birthday party and all the moms LOVED it! I took some home and used it for an appie the following night. I put cream cheese on crackers and topped it with this tapenade. Very delicious. I love the salty and sweet combo which of course is my favourite food mix and is called, Agrodolce (which means salty and sweet in Italian).

1 cup chopped stemmed dried Calimyrna figs
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives or other brine-cured black olives
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon drained capers, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme


Combine chopped figs and 1/3 cup water in heavy medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until liquid evaporates and figs are soft, about 7 minutes. Transfer to medium bowl. Mix in olives, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, capers, and chopped thyme. Season tapenade to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home