Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Mushroom Lasagna - the best I've ever had

I feel like Barbra Streisand singing, "I'm in a mushroom state of mind..." or was that New York. I bought more mushrooms for lasagna for my pals too. Here is what I concocted and am crying tears of joy.

Cook up 1 box of lasagna noodles, drain, and put aside.

Saute 2 "already sliced" boxes of mushrooms in a pan with butter. Add 1 cup of dry white wine, garlic, salt and pepper. Once the wine evaporates, turn the heat off and set the mushrooms aside.

Make a béchamel sauce of 1/2 cup of butter, 1/2 cup of flour (or more), 6 cups of 2% milk (or whatever you have), 1 tbsp. of nutmeg. Melt butter in a pot, mix in flour and stir, then add the milk and whisk to take any little lumps out. Let simmer, and thicken and come to a gentle boil -- turn the heat off. Add 1 cup of Gouda cheese, then 2 cups of Parmesan and stir.

Pour 1 cup of béchamel into a lasagna pan or casserole dish and spread out. Layer some noodles (usually 3), add 1 cup or more of mushrooms, 1/4 cup of Panko and 1/2 cup of fresh Parmesan and spread out. Repeat. To finish add noodles, béchamel and Parmesan. Put in the oven at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes. P.S. I added some Panko just in case the mushrooms retained any liquid....the Panko would sop it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home