Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Succulent Brined BBQ Pork Chops

Well, who knew?  I am possibly the last cook on earth that had never thought of brining a pork chop - or maybe you never have either.  I've heard of brining chicken before frying or turkey before roasting, but never a pork chop.  So I rarely BBQ a pork chop because today's lean piggy doesn't have the fat she used to and it makes for a horribly dry dinner.  Enter sweet brine.  I found a recipe on line by Guy Fueri and altered it a bit, but let me tell you - after brining these babies, the outcome was so tender, I will never cook a pork chop again without brining first.  I will leave the BBQ sauce up to you if you choose to use it.  After brining I patted dry the pork chops and seasoned with salt and pepper and there you have it.  One of the kids I fed last week inhaled dinner and then presented me with nothing left but a plate and the cleanest bone ever.  So why brine?  Why I don't know.  But the science works!  If you want to do a simple brine for pork chops, just soak them in a pan of 1 1/2 quarts of water with 3 tbsp. of salt and put into the refrigerator for one hour.  If you'd like to take your BBQ to the next level, flavour your brine with sugar and spices.

Pork Chop Brine:

In a pot over medium heat add, 1/2 cup of light brown sugar, 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons of salt, 1 tbsp. of garlic powder, 1 tbsp. of whole black peppercorns, 1 tbsp. of dried thyme, 1 tbsp.. of mustard powder and any other spices you desire.  Now put into the fridge for an hour...or longer - pat dry, season and BBQ.  Enjoy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home