Monday, November 30, 2015

Apple Fritters

OK, these are just too easy! Why I haven't made them before is anyone's guess. I could actually be behind the times and am posting a recipe you've all tried...but I am only now just discovering. My husband and I'd been watching Netflicks when I had a hankering to try this recipe. I'd been organizing my recipes for quite some time and deciding which ones to keep or toss. I seriously made these from start to finish in about 15 minutes. They are supreme, divine and delish! Perfect for a nice dessert for the holiday season: 2 cups of all purpose flour, 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. of granulated sugar, 2 1/4 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. course salt (I forgot the salt), 3/4 cup of whole milk, 2 large eggs, room temp (mine were straight from the fridge), 2 tbsp. of melted unsalted butter (unsalted is very important), 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract, pure or otherwise if you know what I mean, 2 peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4 inch pieces (about 3 cups), vegetable oil for frying, cinnamon and sugar for sprinkling. In large bowl mix dry ingredients then the wet and stir until all mixed - add your apples. Will be a nice thick dough. Heat up the oil in a big pan and drop an ice cream scoop size of dough into the oil, turning when brown. Once the fritter is brown all over put on a paper towel. I had most of my fritters in the pan all at once. Once all the fritters are on a paper towel, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture (1/4 cup sugar to 2 tbsp. of cinnamon). So fabulous!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home