Tuesday, May 07, 2019

Latin Beef Stir Fry

I've had such a hankering for beef recently. When I went for lunch with my friend I ordered a short rib appetizer and then this past week I cooked both a flank steak and a blade roast for my family.  Here is something I just learned about cooking flank - there is absolutely no need to marinate it for hours before grilling. You can in fact, simply PAN FRY it and it will still be delicious. Not flavored with teriyaki, but still divine. In this recipe however, I am going to tell you what I did with my beef left overs and not so much how I cooked my flank steak precisely (actually just season both sides and put into a hot pan with olive oil cooking each side until the right doneness - remember beef continues to cook afterward for a few minutes so allow for steak to rest for at least 15 or 20 minutes where it will continue to suck up the juices).

Now then, I had left over meat, a bushel of cilantro, red and white onions, red and orange peppers, lime and tomatoes.

What I love about Latin cooking is that it is so flavorful, but so easy to put together. My family absolutely loved this very simple dinner.

I made a salad Sunday night with 6 sliced tomatoes, 1 sliced red pepper, 1 sliced orange pepper, a handful of cilantro leaves, not the stems, 2 squeezed limes, a tbsp. of salt. That was it. We didn't need olive oil, or dressing - absolutely nothing. Now the secret is to let it sit at room temperature for at least half an hour prior to your dinner.

I also highly recommend that you make a pot of white rice with a beef bouillon as well. The salad just goes so well with the rice as it seems to just seep in, moisten and flavor every grain.

The next day, all I did was slice up  our left over beef and then in a medium hot olive oiled pan, I added 2 whole sliced onions, 1 red and 1 white and sautéed until soft. I then added all the beef and tossed around to flavor up and warm up. I then dumped all of the left over salad into the pan and just let it do its thing. Flavors were mingling all over the place. Add any further seasonings that you love, say a little more salt, or pepper, garlic and serve with the white rice I told you about and voila! One amazingly simple and delicious dinner - Latin Stir Fry! XO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home