Tuesday, May 07, 2019

Succulent Almond Yogurt Cake

OK, this is just off the charts delicious, at least in my books. I made this almond cake the other day and when I sank my teeth into it, the texture was just like the favorite birthday cakes I remember from the good old days. My Mom used to buy our birthday cakes at the Sperling Bakery. They also made the most delicious mocha tarts I used to love as well. The cake from the Sperling Bakery was I think what you would call a white sheet cake. Then it was frosted with butter cream icing and the sides were covered in toasted coconut flakes. It was BEYOND!! So now I've discovered a lower carb sugar free recipe that will certainly satisfy. It did for me! So good. I LOVE CAKE! Enjoy!

Succulent Almond Yogurt Cake

3 1/2 cups fine almond flour
1 1/4 cup full fat plain Greek Yogurt
6 eggs
4 tbp. melted butter
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. white vanilla
1/3 cup Splenda or other favorite sweetner

Set the oven to 350

Pam spray a 9 inch round baking pan
Mix all of the above ingredients together until nice and smooth
Pour into baking pan
Bake for about 30 minutes.
Keep an eye on cake as it could be done a little earlier.

Let cool then top with favorite icing (cream cheese perhaps?) and top with your favorite summer berries. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home