Monday, December 18, 2006

Sirloin Roast Beef Dinner

Wow! For the longest time I thought that only Prime Rib would do; but last night I cooked an inexpensive gargantuous hunk of meat for my husband's company party and it turned out amazing. I highly recommend finding out exactly the best way to cook different types of roast. The sirloin is a leaner cut of beef and must be cooked fat side up at 300 degrees. I had a 12.65 lb. beef and needed to first do some kg to pound conversion. Being from Canada I still need help converting the kg into the pound thing. I found a great website: www.metric-conversions.org/weight/pound-conversion.htm

I then found another website called: www.ochef.com that really helped me cook this meat to perfection. "A sirloin roast of 8- to 12-lbs will take 16-20 minutes for rare, 20-22 for medium rare, 23-25 for medium, and 26-30 for well done. A boneless top round, by contrast, will take 28-30 minutes for rare, 30-33 for medium rare, 34-38 for medium, and 40-45 for well done." We took the roast out for medium rare. Beef will continue cooking for a little while when you take it out.

Beef is such a low maintenance food. I simply mixed together olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper, and poured it over the roast. I added a nice Greek herb/spice mixture to it as well and popped big daddy into the oven at 300 degrees. My roast cooked for exactly 3 hours and was pleasantly succulent and flavorful.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home