Thursday, July 12, 2007

Tomato and Pepper Poached Eggs


I enjoyed this dish for breakfast this morning and it is not only delicious, but simply made. I made my entire breakfast in a pot. Of course a frying pan would be perfect if you are making this for more than one person. Chop up an onion and orange or red pepper and saute in a little olive oil for about 10 minutes on medium stirring often so it won't burn. Then add 2 cups of diced tomatoes to the pot with a little salt and pepper and simmer down for about 15 minutes. Then stir up the tomato/pepper mixture and make two little holes for two eggs. I added the two eggs and put a lid over it for a couple of more minutes, then added 1/4 cup of feta cheese. You can cook the eggs as long as you like, I liked mine a little runny. Once the cheese has melted and the eggs are set, let the mixture slide out onto your plate and voila! Bon Appetite!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home