Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Summer Pork Leg Roast with a Fruity Twist


Tonight I've run out of propane for the BBQ, so instead I'll utilize my oven. I love pork leg (boneless)...goodness how did that guy get around come to think of it?

I love the layer of fat that surrounds the pork leg because it gets deliciously crisp and succulent as you cook it. Tonight I just pressed some fresh rosemary and garlic into the top of the leg and of course stuck a meat thermometer in it so it cooks to perfection. When I cook pork roast or tenderloin, I ALWAYS allow the meat the rest once I've taken it out of the oven. If you eat pork roast or tenderloin straight out of the oven it' seems watery and rubbery. When it rests for a moment (about 10-15 minutes) it settles.
I also made a little basting sauce comprised of 1/2 cup of apricot marmalade, 1/2 cup of olive oil, and 3 tbsp. of soy sauce. Easy and absolutely delicious. I wait to baste the pork until it is half way done for some reason then it won't slide off the raw meat but as it bakes it tends to stick. Mind you, I got to thinking that it might be nice to baste the roast for the day with this marinade so that the meat becomes more infused with it. Next time. After the roast was done, I simmered and reduced the juices down so it was thick and syrupy and poured it over the roast to serve. P.S. The fruity twist is the apricot marinade. The summer part is the bikini I made for our little piggy. Aww....he's so cute in this picture.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home