Saturday, September 06, 2008

Low Calorie Shrimp Vegetable Stuffed French Crepes

I always love it when I can find uber delicious already prepared foods that make low calorie eating a sensuous experience. I found Frieda's French Style Crepes at the grocery store and was to be honest, sceptic that any already prepared crepe could taste divine. I was pleasantly...well more than pleasantly surprised. Now that I am on Weight Watchers, I was looking for still delicious pleasurable meals that would not only fill up my hunger, but my soul as well.

Roast 3-4 mushrooms and one small sliced red pepper in 1/4 cup of vegetable broth in a 350 degree oven until your desired doneness. I had mine in the oven for about 15 minutes. Take out of the oven and drain the broth to dry out the veggies BUT SAVE 2 TBSP. of broth for the sauce.

Then lay out 2 crepes and get ready for stuffing. I first layered, 1/2 slice of low calorie Swiss cheese down each centre - break it up a bit if you like to cover the whole length of the crepe. Then begin adding the roasted veggies, and 1/2 cup of shrimp to each crepe - then roll up. Bake in the oven again at the same temperature until the crepes are just a little bit brown.

Then for the sauce, add 1 tbsp. of 1/2 fat Hellman's mayo to a small bowl and mix in the two tbsp. of reserved vegetable broth and stir until a creamy like consistency. I then added perhaps 1/2 tsp. of low calorie Parmesan cheese to the sauce. When you take the crepes from the oven, put onto a pretty plate, pour the sauce evenly over each crepe and garnish with parsley. This whole two crepe breakfast is 6 points in total and absolutely delicious!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home