Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Rum Ribs with Green and Yellow Beans with Garlic and Pancetta


These rum ribs are simply divine and my hubby loved them. The recipe was given to me from my sister who got it from her mother-in-law. I love it when people share their recipes. They are nicely sweet with a little chili sauce kick. I had to improvise with some of the ingredients and will put my improvs in a bracket beside the original recipe. Here's the recipe: 1 cup of brown sugar, 1/4 cup of chili sauce, 1/4 cup of ketchup, 1/2 cup of dark rum (I used amber rum), 1/4 cup of soy sauce (I only had oyster sauce), 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp. dry mustard, 2 cloves of garlic (I used minced from a jar), pepper. Then you cook and cover ribs for 350 degrees for 1.5 hours (I boiled mine for an hour). Then you take out of the oven or take out of the pot and drain, and pour 1/2 sauce over the ribs and put back into the oven for 30 minutes. Take out of the oven again and put the rest of the sauce on and return to the oven for an additional 30 minutes (1 hour total with sauce). For the beans, I love using Europe's Best brand and simply added the frozen beans to an olive oiled and garlicy pan, and sauteed until the beans were just cooked, then added 1/2 cup of pancetta and tossed until both the pancetta and the beans crisp just slightly. A lovely dinner, you will enjoy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home