Friday, November 05, 2010

Easy Sundried and Diced Tomato Pasta Sauce

Now this dinner was just too delicious. I served this sauce over tortellini for my family, while I enjoyed it over oven and olive oil roasted eggplant. Simply put about 1/8th cup of olive oil in a medium hot frying pan and add about 1/2 cup of oil packed (drained) sun dried tomatoes and 1 tbsp. of minced garlic. Fry in the pan until the garlic smells toasty, but be careful not to burn. Then add a bigger sized can of diced tomatoes (it works out to be about 2 1/2 or 3 cups of diced tomatoes) and about six torn basil leaves and whatever seasonings you like. I added extra garlic powder, Parmesan and herbs spice (or just Parmesan cheese), sun dried tomato and herb mix, salt and pepper. Simmer until it's reduced and a nice pulpy concoction.

If I wasn't making this sauce to include my kids and if I wasn't such a hog with my red wine, I could have added 1/4 of red to this sauce and it probably would've made me cry tears of joy. Next time. P.S. I enjoyed this pulpy sauce with a bit of strong cheddar in a wrap for breakfast this morning and it was magnificent! ****P.S.S. Really experiment with this sauce to make it your own. How about oregano, wine, onion...carmelized onion, feta cheese, olives...it's the perfect base sauce.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home