Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Fannie's Last Supper

I picked up a book today while Christmas shopping. I simply couldn't resist. It's about food and there's a nice little historical/contemporary journalism to go with it. It's a complete and utter re-creation of "One Amazing (Christmas) Meal from Fannie Farmer's 1896 Cookbook" written by Chris Kimball who is the host of America's Test Kitchen. Imagine Lobster a l Americaine, Stuffed Goose and all the other interesting hullabaloo that goes into putting together a magnificent dinner absolutely not thrown together in 1896. And so, I put on my new Susan Boyle Christmas CD, yes, I bought Susan's CD, love it, and I've cracked my book. Should I pour a glass of wine? One really has to seize the day don't they with the madness of Christmas shopping, trimming, cooking, wrapping, and eating right? So on that note, I'm off to Carpe Diem with me, myself, and I...until of course I make dinner tonight, which I think will be an easy turkey cannelloni.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home